Once upon a time, Nokia was a giant in the mobile phone industry and the rest of the story is known by all. After passing so many hurdles, Nokia returns again with a new collection of Nokia sets. This time they have not done the same mistake again as they bring android. Along with the smartphones, they also bring feature phones and tries to knock the bell of past days. So far we have seen, Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 to hit the market. These mobile sets have not captured a good portion of the market though it has created a strong buzz. In this regard, HMD Global has brought Nokia 2 in September 2017.
Nokia 2 Specification Summary
- Nokia 2: Budget phone
- Display: 5 Inch
- Performance: Quad Core
- Resolution: 720 X 1280 Pixels
- Ram: 1 GB
- Processor: 1.3 GHz quad-core
- Camera: 8 Megapixel
- Front Camera: 5 Megapixel
- OS: Android 7.1.2
- Battery: 41000 mAh (Stand By Up to 1340 h)
- Storage: 8 GB (Up to 128 GB dedicated Slot)
- USB: microUSB2.0
- Special Features: Accelerometer, compass, proximity
- Sim Card: Dual Nano SIM
Design, Display, and Configuration:
Nokia 2 phone set consists of different types of materials. In hand, it feels like very much solid due to the aluminum frame. The plastic at the back side of the phone is removable. The left side of the phone does not have many functionalities. On the right side of the phone, the volume and power button has been placed. On the top of the phone, there are the jack and mic points. The Jack point is 3.5 mm.
The whole front side of Nokia 2 phone is covered with the Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The front camera is also under the glass so it’s well protected from any type of scratch. At the back, you would find the 8 MP camera, flash, and the Nokia logo prominently in the middle alignment. It has a removable backside and non-removable battery. While you remove the back side of the phone the slot of micro SD card and nano-sim is available.
The phone comes out with Android 7.1.2 Nougat, so the updated Android experience will be found on this phone as well as the security update. Again this phone would also get the Android Oreo update as well. This phone is driven by 1.3 GHz Quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 MSM8909 motherboard. The overall look of the phone, especially in black gives it an elegant look.
Nokia 2 phones find a very much mix review on the performance of the camera. The main camera of the phone is 8MP and the front side camera is 5 MP. The core camera performance is pretty good while you compare with another budget phone. It has some interesting features to explore such as Auto Flash, Digital Flash, focus on touch, HDR, Face Detection, Exposure Compensation, and multiple shooting. Although these functions are not rare to find out in other phones for a budget phone this is quite impressive. If you have used the Nokia 8 then you are already familiar with digital compass, you would find a similar function in this mobile as well. In the case of a front camera, you might not find that great performance at all. Especially in the case of low light, the performance is not up to the mark.
One of the flaws that some users have mentioned that it takes time to focus. If you move the phone just after taking the Snap, the image might be blurry.
Nokia 2 consist 4,100 mAh battery. It perfectly combines with a 720p screen and lower end processor. The combination is quite perfect to ensure a longer lifetime based phone. Usually, it has 7-8 hours of screen time. It is almost double compared to most of the other phones. Remember there is no fast charging modality in there so you have to wait to charge it fully.
Sunlight reading, storage, and UI:
Nokia 2 is using stock Android. For a Nokia fan, a product produced by HMD and using stock Android is kind of a dream. Nokia 2 has fulfilled this dream. Thus why you are going to enjoy all types of UI related experience in this phone such as see a case where apps do double work. Google Photos acts as your gallery, Google Chrome is your default browser, Google Calendar is your default calendar, Android Messages is your default messaging app, Google Contacts manages your contacts and many more.
The sunlight reading is pretty good for this phone. From the setting, you can customize the readability function as well. Again it has 8 GB built-in memory card and 128 GB external port. The storage size might vary from country to country.
Why you should purchase this phone:
- Nokia Fan: We all know, once upon a time Nokia was the leader in the phone set industry. Back then it created millions of fan who was waiting for Nokia phone such a long time. If you are one of them and you have not purchased a new Nokia yet, then this should be your phone.
- Budget Phone: Of course, this is one of the best budget phone currently available in the market. When you compare this phone to others then you should do that with another phone in the similar price range.
- Usability: The phone is easy to use and quite good to grab. The size is perfect to grab it in the pocket and move easily.
- Battery: The phone can use the battery in the most optimal way. This ensures that the battery remains for a longer period of time.
Why you should think twice before you purchase this phone:
- Camera: The front camera will disappoint some. So if you are a fan of selfie then think twice before you purchase this.
- Slow battery charge: Many of us don’t have such patience to wait for a long time to charge their phone. You might find a similar challenge with this phone.
- Slow camera: You might hold for a few seconds more to capture the photo and to ensure the photo does not blur.
From below find Nokia 2 Price and purchase:
To read about other phone reviews, click here.